Generic Levitra: Oral Medications for Treating Erectile Dysfunction
Levitra (vardenafil) is an oral medication approved by the FDA for the treatment of erectile dysfunction (ED).
How does it work?
The main substance of the drug is vardenafil. It relaxes the muscles of the vessels, due to which the blood flows more strongly to the pelvic organs. This helps achieve an erection that lasts throughout the full sexual intercourse.
Also, pills delay ejaculation and increase sensitivity. Generic Levitra affects the natural processes of erection formation, therefore it only enhances the response to sexual stimulation.
It is important that a man maintains sexual desire with erectile dysfunction, otherwise the medicine may not work.
What is Levitra used for?
The main indication is a disorder of erectile function:
- inability to maintain an erection until the natural end of intercourse;
- premature ejaculation;
- lack of response to sexual stimulation;
- weak erection.
Equally effective, the remedy eliminates the symptoms of disorders caused by psychological disorders or organic changes and diseases.
How to take Levitra?
The initial recommended dosage is 10 mg, usually taken 20 minutes before sexual intercourse. If the effect is not sufficient, then you can increase the dosage to 20 mg. But remember, 20 mg is the maximum dosage and you cannot repeat the dose during the day.
Can you take Levitra every day?
It is important that you do not take more than one vardenafil tablet per day. You also shouldn’t take it every day. If you have sex several times a week, you’d better chose Cialis Daily.
What are the side effects?
Here are the possible adverse reactions you may experience after taking this ED medicine:
- sleep disturbances, insomnia;
- impaired visual acuity and color perception, conjunctivitis, a feeling of discomfort in the eyes;
- ringing in the ears, short-term sudden hearing loss;
- allergic reactions;
- diseases of the heart and blood vessels;
- nausea, diarrhea, sudden abdominal pain;
- shortness of breath, runny nose;
- increased secretion of bile, liver disease;
- severe redness of the skin, rash;
- back pain, increased muscle tone, inflammation of muscle fibers;
- a prolonged painful erection;
- general weakness, chest pain.
Is Levitra better than Viagra?
Viagra (sildenafil) starts working 30-60 after administration, while Levitra starts working in 20 minutes. The effects of sildenafil last for about 4-5 hours, while vardenafil lasts for about 6-8 hours. Vardenafil has fewer common side effects than sildenafil, and it isn’t associated with a rash or muscle aches.
Advantages of Levitra over analogues
The main advantages of vardenafil compared to other stimulants:
- fast action – its maximum concentration in the blood is observed within 20 after consumption;
- speed of elimination from the body – in 4-5 hours;
- effectiveness – it has a better effect on male potency;
- safety – the tablets do not have a carcinogenic and mutagenic effect; even in case of an overdose, they do not cause infertility and irreversible consequences for the body.
Who should not take it?
The drug is contraindicated for men with individual intolerance to the components, children under 16 years, and women.
It should not be taken by people with the cardiovascular disease if sexual activity can harm them. Generic Levitra negatively affects the health of men with aortic stenosis.
It is not recommended to use vardenafil if you have reduced pressure (below 90/50 mm Hg), as it has a hypotonic effect.
Discard the drug if you have been diagnosed with the following diseases and pathologies:
- degenerative diseases of the retina;
- unstable angina;
- severe diseases of the kidneys, liver, heart;
- atrial fibrillation;
- a recent heart attack or stroke.
Do alcohol and food affect Levitra?
Alcoholic beverages do not affect the concentration of the stimulant in the blood, and vice versa. However, their combination can cause side effects associated with increased stress on the liver and cardiovascular system. Therefore, doctors advise to give up alcohol while using vardenafil or to reduce its amount as much as possible.
In any case, do not take it with alcoholic beverages – observe the interval between taking them at least 30 minutes.
Fatty foods reduce the maximum plasma concentration of the drug and slow down its absorption, so it becomes less effective.
Eat fatty foods and medicines at different times, at least 4-6 hours apart. But dietary food does not affect the main substance in any way.
Can I overdose on this medicine?
An overdose of vardenafil is a rare occurrence. Even when the daily dose is exceeded 4 times, serious life-threatening symptoms do not develop.
On the other hand, if you take twice the maximum recommended amount of vardenafil 2 times every 24 hours, you may experience harmless but unpleasant back pain.
However, in general, an overdose has no toxic effect on the body, muscle tissue and the nervous system.
Can it interact with other drugs?
It is not recommended to combine Levitra with other stimulants with a similar effect, as well as with potent psychotropic drugs.
How to store this medicine?
The product can be stored no longer than 2 years from the date of production in a dry place in the original blister. In this case, the air temperature should not exceed 25 C, so do not put the stimulator close to the fireplace, heating radiator, heater. Keep it in a dark place, out of direct sunlight. Limit access to the drug for children and pets.