First Sunday Drop Into Art
First Sunday of the Month, October–May, 2–4pm
Danforth Art invites families to learn and play together at special programs and free days. Begin your visit exploring works of art through hands-on activities with our Teen and Adult Docents in the Children’s Gallery and other exhibits. Next, visit the studios to create art of your own inspired by what you saw in the galleries. Different projects are offered each month in a variety of media, such as paint, charcoal, collage, and found objects.
FREE for children and their accompanying adults. Please register in the lobby on the day of the program.
Special Thanks to Mutual One Bank Charitable Foundation and Impact Framingham.
December Drop Into Art — Face to Face
Sunday, December 6, 2015, 2–4pm
Join us for our monthly Drop Into Art family program for fun activities in our galleries and studios. This month’s activities are inspired by the portraits on view in the galleries.
Studio Projects include:
- Mixed Media Family Collage – In Dear Dearest Mother artist Leslie Starobin uses a series of objects, images, and letters to tell the story of the subject in the collage. Create your own collage with colored pencil and other drawing media in the style of a set of collected objects.
- Clay Sculpture – There are many compelling portraits in the New England Photography Biennial that reveal personalities and personal stories. Using clay, create a small figure or bust sculpture of someone special to you.
Gallery Activities include:
- All About Me Mural – Inspired by Leslie Starobin’s still-life montages, create a self-portrait using adjectives and drawings.
- Story Time – Join Teen Docents for a reading of The Colors of Us by Karen Katz.
- Eye-Spy: In Action – Inspired by the portraits on view, explore the galleries to find scenes of people in action.
^ Top of page